Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Recipe - Bacon Ranch Dorito Casserole

Dear Bacon Fans,

In my eternal quest to find as many really yummy meals that include bacon, I found this pretty tasty meal courtesy of JD Foods!

Here is the link to their recipe:
Bacon Ranch Dorito Casserole

Here is my version of the same recipe:

Ingredients

1 lb ground beef or sausage or both!
1 (10 oz) can tomatoes - use a flavored can like Fire Roasted
1 (10 oz) can corn, drained (I used a bag of frozen corn. You can never have enough corn!)
3/4 cup Bacon Ranch dressing (I did not have Bacon Ranch, so I used Ranch and added Bacon pieces!)
2 cups nacho cheese flavor Doritos, lightly crushed
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

2. Brown beef and/or sausage in a skillet.

3. Mix beef, tomatoes, corn and ranch dressing together and put into casserole dish. Top with Doritos and cheese.
4. Bake 20 minutes, uncovered.

Now, for the scrumptious pictures!



Brown the ground beef and season it. I know the recipe doesn't say too, but anytime you don't season ground beef, man does it taste bland!! My favorite thing to season ground beef with is the DL Jardines Steak Seasoning. Pour it on liberally!



I had a bacon tasting party and this was the leftover bacon. I felt like a bowl full of bacon was appropriate to add to this dish!



The last of my homemade bratwurst! I was thinking a lb of hamburger just wasnt' enough!



All three meats placed back into the pan for stirring and heating together.



Stir in a can of diced tomatoes. The great thing with this recipe is you can pick from any of the varieties of diced can tomatoes! I always keep a few cans in my cupboard when they go on sale. I pulled out Fire Roasted.



Recipe calls for 1 can of corn. However, being a farm raised girl from Iowa, I used a whole bag of frozen corn!



Pour in some Ranch! I didn't measure, just kind of globbed it in until it looked good.



After you cook everything, pour it all into a nice round casserole dish and cover with the doritos!



Cover the dorito layer with a nice layer of cheese. Yummmy!! Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until the cheese is nice and brown.



Does that not look delicious! It was pretty tasty and teenage boy approved!!

No comments:

Post a Comment