Thursday, May 6, 2010

Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs

Dear Bacon Fans,

You know, I have heard and read all over the internet about Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs. And seriously, who wouldn't want to try it?

So, tonight, my friend came over and she brought some hot dogs and we wrapped them up in some of the leftover bacon from the party.

We chose Cajun Bacon and Honey BBQ bacon.

Unfortunately, these two bacons were extremely heavy on the fat side and VERY lean on the meat side. Well, it is the risk when you buy online. It's a shame too because the flavor of the Honey BBQ is really good!

I wrapped the dogs with the bacon and baked them at 350 for about 30 minutes. Overall, if I could have eaten the bacon and the dogs together, I think it would have been heavenly. But, in light of the very fatty bacon I was left with, I took it off. The dogs still had a really good flavor from the bacon.

I think that if you could fry the dogs with the bacon, THAT would be the way to go.

But, when you look at the picture, you know you are going to have to try it.... They actually LOOK really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment