Sunday, June 13, 2010

Bacon Wrapped Cherries

Dear Bacon Fans,

I found this recipe on the web from these ladies: Wearenotmartha.com.

They made it sound SO wonderful, I just had to try it!!! I mean, I love cherries and I certainly LOVE bacon (Big DUH).

They weren't too difficult to make, so let's start!

Turn your oven on to 350 degrees.
Pit and wash your cherries. One slice of bacon covers two cherries, so pit and wash accordingly!

So, in our first picture, I have the bacon (which I cut in half), our cherries with my cherry pitter and some thyme.


Then, place the cherry and a piece of thyme on the bacon


Wrap and stick with a toothpick and place on your baking pan! During baking, flip over the pieces half way through to ensure even cooking. I cooked them for about 25 minutes which worked perfectly in my oven.


And here is the final product!


The bacon cooked up so nice! The cherries were soft and tasty. However, there wasn't enough cherry flavor!! I did pull the thyme pieces out because who likes to eat sticks? Not me!!!

So, I'm thinking that these would be most tasty with a little bit of sweet cherry sauce on them after you pull them out of the oven.

And if you feel adventurous, wrapping the cherries with a flavored bacon like applewood smoked bacon would make these even better!

If anyone makes these, I would love to hear any variations and how they turned out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment